Sunday, May 3, 2015

Kelsey's Post

I am first off amazed at the number of organizations a relatively small group of students were able to find all over the world.  It just gave me a little reminder that there are so many people and places dedicated to helping others.  This was particularly helpful after a strangely difficult day at work.  It also helped me to realize that although I feel fairly confident that I know a decent amount about a lot of organizations locally, I do not have much knowledge about organizations in other states in the United States, let alone the world.
            The Tsao foundation IN Asia was an organization that was interesting to me.  From what I was able to read, it really seems to be a program that works with an individual where they are and ensures that each person has as much education and help through the aging process.  I have worked with many different populations over the past several years, but have not had much experience with the elderly.  It was nice to read that there are programs in different countries that really seem to focus on the individual even as they age, when our country seems to struggle with this is some ways.  

            The Tantakuna Women’s Artist Cooperative also caught my interest.  Through work and my internship I have learned that art and music can really help bring people together and bond, in ways they were not able to with out the common interest.  The fact that these women are able to join together to support each other while creating beautiful products that support their community is something that I think could be beneficial to many in so many different communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment